ETM 9.09% 2.0¢ energy transition minerals ltd

Problem GGG has always faced is the Greenland public are not...

1. 1,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 317
    Problem GGG has always faced is the Greenland public are not going to go out of their way to support the company. This is clear from the election result.

Only around 27,000 people voted in the election. That's less than 50% of the population. Of the 27,000 that voted, the two parties that are well known for opposing Uranium mining won 13,185 votes or around 50% of the votes. Would it be reasonable to assume that most of the people that voted IA and Naleraq oppose Uranium mining. I believe so.

Out of the remaining 50% that voted, could we assume that they support uranium mining. I don't believe so. The Democratic party left the ruling coalition government over a dispute about the Kavenfjeld project, which triggered the 2021 election.
    While the Siumut party is definitely pro Uranium mining, the remining party's don't appear to be pro uranium mining. That leaves 7,986 people or around 30% that voted for Siumut, majority of which we could reasonably assume are pro Uranium mining. The remaining 3,479 votes being pro or anti uranium could be disputed.

The results show a leaning toward anti uranium mining sentiment IMO.

Then there's the remaining +50% of the population that did not vote. Are they pro uranium mining. Doubt it. Greenland's history has been largely anti Uranium. I believe the general sentiment amongst the population would be against uranium mining. Which an opinion poll conducted during the recent election showed.

I do agree that a referendum should be held. I doubt the voter turn out would be great and that most of the people that vote would oppose uranium mining.

In regard to the benefits of having the mine. I don't believe they are going to be anywhere near what's being spruiked by the company IMO.
    Last edited by ttroy: 29/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
-0.002(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $28.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $51.58K 2.579M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 3093430 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 327200 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.38pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.