AXE 18.4% 22.5¢ archer materials limited

Archer - A new Era, page-4

1. 1,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 816
    I believe we have entered a new era fisherking.
    I've been here since we were a mining company and have stayed for the ride.
    Mo seems like a highly intelligent creative and personable guy to me, but from long experience as a chartered accountant I have found very few of my innovator and inventor clients have made money, especially those who have spent long periods in university. My highly academic friends aren't that interested in money and have no appetite for risk. It is the intellectual thrill that drives them.
    I've posted below an excerpt from a Forbes article by an inventor who talks of the importance of passing on the invention to those with more commercial acumen.
    I believe Archer will move ahead more rapidly without Mo at the helm and start monetizing the intellectual property. The company name itself is hardly a marketing tool.
    There is a great and funny Netflix movie based on the history of the Blackberry phone which shows the importance of the marketing and money people in launching a new product.
    I believe we are now at the end of the beginning of this company and we will see exponential returns from here.

Commercializing one of your inventions won’t be easy. Hard work, a good idea, and a roadmap are required. That roadmap is just a starting place, though, because the path to market is never straight. There are going to be plenty of detours! I’ve been an entrepreneur my entire life, but I don’t relish taking risks. I think of myself as a no-risk entrepreneur actually, and that’s why I prefer the licensing business model over venturing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.