nothing gets to the archibald I wouldn't think without a lot of...

1. 81,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

nothing gets to the archibald I wouldn't think without a lot of not only skill - but, artistic merit

there's plenty of highly skilled people around who aren't an artists bum - and ditto, there's a lot of artists around that have bugger all skills

one thing to be learned is that when you look at pictures on the net or photographs of a work of art ----------- it's utter foolishness to judge it like - this is the effect it's going to have on you when you stand before it

I had a preconception about Pollocks work before I saw one - and, then, I met 'Blue Poles' -------------------------- not much makes me go 'wow'

it did.

One thing to also be very careful of with 2 d art - paintings, sculpture - and, movies -- I really like movies -

is that you will go and see something once - and, it will have an effect on you -

you go and see it again in years later - and, it's highly likely that you will have a very very different effect emotionally

the meaning of art to the individual changes as the individual changes - like - dramatically

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.