Archibald ‘winner’., page-63

1. 81,321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    yes, he had some quite definite views

I have always wanted to meet Hitler to discuss art (arrh, yes, I've had my meds, so I know it's not going to happen).

I would have loved him to be there the day that I ran into the 'The Burghers of Calais " - actually in Calais (Rodin) --- which was one of the works that Nazi pinched for Adolf -------- it actually got a run in the movie 'the monument men' - it appears at the entrance to the castle they go to in the latter part of the movie high in the mountains - it's the sculpture at the top of the steps before they go inside.

I would love to have said to Adolf - maaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttte - take the morning off from all that burning people and bombing stuff and we'll go for a walk to see a sculpture ------ maybe have a pork roll at the van next to it - or, if that doesn't sway you - a lentil sandwich

when we got to the sculpture - I would say - Addie mate ------------ look at those bloody feet ------------ what do you think Rodin was saying there?

- that would have been a hoot - because if he had known about the size of the feet ------------ he might not have wanted to pinch it - depending on how he 'saw' the art

Adolf sort of being like some of our posters on this thread - if one goes back and read their posts ------------ it's pretty much the same

(cept they probably don't like lentils)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.