Hi thecook,I certainly heard information pertaining to the...

1. 174 Posts.
    Hi thecook,

I certainly heard information pertaining to the removal of the rental assistance but I cant recall hearing any announcements from Joe Hockey or any coalition party member in regards to removal of negative gearing... can you give me a link or some info on where you obtained this info?

Also, anyone wanting to know more about how negative gearing may impact our housing market should do some reading on the Hawke/Keating era... especially between July 1985 when negative gearing was removed and then reinstated again 2 years later in September 1987.

My partner have bought and sold many properties over the years and sold down 4 properties over the last 3 years as we could see it was quite obvious that the Australian market would not sidestep a downturn. We are now renting waiting to see how all this pans out...

How this downturn will play out is the big unknown for us as it could be similiar to the US with a sudden crash followed now by many years of either lower or stagnating prices.
    The alternative, could be we miss out on an initial property crash but may see many years of basically zero or very low growth...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.