I recently watched a movie titled, Midsommar. An interesting...

1. 6,467 Posts.
    I recently watched a movie titled, Midsommar. An interesting little tale about these ancient festivals. You might be interested.

All religions have their basis in fertility, reproduction, food production, rituals, because these are fundamental. Hunter gathers, the Neolithic groups produced Stone Henge and countless other massive works as a semi-religious come fertility site that led to agricultural practices and the foundations of city states.

It was essential to build ritualistic foundations to distract and channel the overwhelming self-serving nature of humans. Slowly culture and social mores within these cultures began to develop a cooperative social landscape with rudimentary laws. The laws forked off into what might be termed legal, that dealt with social order and religious, that dealt with the beginnings of morality and codified empathy.

It is in the human historical period that the leaders of religion began to distort and corrupt our connection to nature and began to demonise women as some satanic corruption.

I think some of the First Nation religions of the Americas where by far the closest to God that any religions have come. It placed the human as an integral part of nature requiring a deep respect for all life. Nobody killed anything for fun. Women were equals and their fertility was seen as being nearer to The great Spirit than any man could be.

We've come so far and lost so much along the way.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.