LOL Denpal, I think Dr. Oleg Sorokhtin has been drinking way too...

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    LOL Denpal, I think Dr. Oleg Sorokhtin has been drinking way too much vodka!

"The authors and enthusiasts of the Kyoto Protocol based their assumptions on an erroneous idea. As a result, developed countries waste huge amounts of money to fight industrial pollution of the atmosphere. What if it is a Don Quixote's duel with the windmill?"

I know, let's copy the Russians and promote "industrial pollution of the atmosphere" for a change. The Russian secret objective is to warm Siberia, can't you all see? Unfortunately the Siberian gulags will risk becoming holiday destinations but you can't win them all.

"Physical and mathematical calculations predict a new Ice Age. It will come in 100,000 years, at the earliest, and will be much worse than the previous. Europe will be ice-bound, with glaciers reaching south of Moscow."

Hang on, that will reverse the warming in Siberia, major bummer! What we need is a time machine to take us straight there, and I'm thinking Dr. Oleg Sorokhtin is the man to design and build it for us, if he can stay off the vodka... Or pehaps more vodka will help?

"Meanwhile, Europeans can rest assured. The Gulf Stream will change its course only if some evil magic robs it of power to reach the north but Mother Nature is unlikely to do that."

Phew, I'm glad I have now been reassured, but at least I don't live in Europe.

"The latest data, obtained by Habibullah Abdusamatov, head of the Pulkovo Observatory space research laboratory, say that Earth has passed the peak of its warmer period, and a fairly cold spell will set in quite soon, by 2012."

We will know in a year or two. I hope he hasn't staked his job on this prediction. The extra blanket of man-made greenhouse gases that has been pumped into the atmosphere will not help his cause.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.