C7A 0.00% 1.1¢ clara resources australia ltd

Are cobalt prices about to breakout ??

1. 59 Posts.
    Cobalt prices continue up as demand remains strong (Metal Bulletin)
    Metal Bulletin’s low-grade cobalt quotation rose to $14.7-15 per lb from $14.3-15 previously, while the high-grade quotation increased slightly at the high end to $15-15.4 per lb, from $14.4-15.1 previously.
    Investor demand is still strong, according to a number of market participants, and consumer demand is continuing to run at good levels.
    "There seems to be very little material about, and I just can’t see what will cause any retreat in prices for now," one market participant said. "Demand is fantastic and nobody seems to be sitting on any big volumes for now."
    There were rumours heard from a number of sources that Glencore is sold out of hydroxide, which some market participants were sceptical of, but all agreed that it would buoy the market anyway.
    "We’ve seen Glencore try to run the price up like this before," one source said. "We’ve had indications that they have no hydroxide, and I’m actually inclined to believe them this time round, especially given that everyone’s buying all over the place. The Chinese are getting quite twitchy now too."
    Most market participants expect the price to continue rising given the bullish outlook for the cobalt market primarily on the demand side, but also on the supply side given the current political difficulties in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
    "Who knows what will happen in the DRC," one source said. "[President] Kabila still hasn’t signed his agreement [to end his 15-year rule], and things are still up in the air."

Source - Bell Potter, 10/1/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add C7A (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.201M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $2.2K 200K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 984781 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 200959 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.11am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
C7A (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.