re: are israelis racist - no more than catholics! Yak,it beats...

1. 205 Posts.
    re: are israelis racist - no more than catholics! Yak,it beats me how you can say Jones was from the "outreachs of Catholicism".He wasn't a Catholic.It occured to me that"outreachs" might have a meaning that accommodates your usage.But according to my dictionary it doesn't.
    In regard to our "Extra Ecclesiam..." discussion,yes.you are right:we Catholics regard it as immutable.Precisely what we regard as immutable is the meaning we attach to it,and not the meaning people such as yourself give it.I don't mean that as a put-down.but simply as a relevant observation.The meaning we have always given it is that those who understand the teachings of the Church but elect to stay outside it cannot be saved.Have to agree with you that it reads bad.It might have been okay in the circumstances in which it was drafted,but it is a public relations nightmare now.When I first encountered it years ago,I interpreted it as you do.It was only with further study that I came to realize it has to be read in a certain sense.
    In regard to the offensive statements by,shall we say 'maverick' jews at the start of this thread,it seems to me that the only recourse open to mainstream Jewry is to condemn them in no uncertain terms.But I suppose that has already been done.Been done and been ignored by the enemies of Judaism,I suppose.Pity the avenue of excommunication isn't open to you.......or is it?
    Oh,incidentally I note that you are a Jew again.Congratulations on renouncing atheism!
    I will have to let you have the last word on this.You are probably clever enough to pick winning stocks without much effort.For me it requires almost my every waking moment.So unless you say something that cries out for a response I'll say nothing further.
    All the best.
    Taruatoi
    Lawyerfromthedeep----Hi!Somewhere in the bible it says that it is given to man to die once.For me,that knocks reincarnation on the head.Sorry I can't give your post any more time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.