nini8365, post: Was I abusive or did I say 'your views are...

1. 2,950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    nini8365, post: Was I abusive or did I say 'your views are highly offensive?' Basically you had called nurses overpaid and incompetent prior to my post, so I chose to defend my profession.
    The use of the words "highly offensive" could infer that I was abusive etc.
    Never suggested that all nurses were incompetent, you came to that conclusion.

Still believe that the general ward nurse is overpaid compared too other medical professionals.
    The award rate for a pharmacist is only $27 per/hr.

If people depended on your skills, were you an expert at the outset?
    Never claimed that I was an expert on anything, ever.

Of course you weren't, and you had guidance and supervision.

It's easy to give guides when they are under supervision or ask for advise. Not, if they are alone and are ashamed of their colleagues finding out their shortcomings.

As a patient would you feel comfortable if you noticed a nurse floundering trying to setup a drip with air bubbles going towards your arm.

It's the same in any highly skilled job. To suggest that novices are left to flounder is absurd, but human errors do occur for various reasons.

I can't recall mentioning novices or even mentioned casual staff - might have mentioned part-timers.

The problem could be because more casual staff are employed more these day's.

I can assure you Australian nurses, (and other allied health professionals) are highly regarded, which reminds me of the Bali retrievals in 2012.
    Most of the retrieval staff were Military medics and nurses with the support of reservists.

That why I mentioned in one of my post, that the last time I felt comfortable in a hospital, it was a military hospital.

Radically Views

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.