FDL flinders diamonds limited

This was posted on the FMG thread...if FMG share their railway...

1. 78 Posts.
    This was posted on the FMG thread...if FMG share their railway line, then FDL have a good chance to ship their IO out once they prove up their reserves...great!

FMG milestone: first ore from mine to port
    Posted 25 minutes ago ( ABC News )

Fortescue Metals Group has celebrated a milestone with its first train load of iron ore from its mine to port. (FMG)

The Fortescue Metals Group has reached a significant milestone by running its first loaded train on part of a new rail line running from its Cloudbreak iron ore mine to Port Hedland.

The company says the successful 185 kilometre trip marks the start of a week when the entire 260 kilometre track, including from its Cloud Break mine to its loading siding, will be completed.

Chief Executive Officer Andrew Forrest says the train, named the Alannah MacTiernan Express, was loaded at the company's Hunter Siding, and ran to the newly named Herb Elliot Port in Port Hedland.

"And then on to the train unloader and then on to the stackers, so it was basically the major part of the commissioning of the rail and port systems and yes we are very excited," he said.

Mr Forrest says other parties will have access to the new track.

He has also renewed his call for access to BHP and Rio Tinto's rail line, which follows a similar route.

"The fact that you've got railroads which are not being utilised by the public, but in fact kept selfishly for one company, to me and to everyone at Fortescue has never made any sense, so yes, our railroad, like we think BHP and Rio Tino's railroads, should be shared by the public."

FMG is due to ship its first load of iron ore to Asian steel mills by mid May.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.