ORG 0.19% $10.64 origin energy limited

are origin shares worth for long term , page-40

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Sorry JCourse, I don't agree. At the current oil price, and the current input pricing and the way these companies are currently managing their business, the short term future looks bleak to me. The reality is these companies only have one strategy to survive. Sack people and stop or delay spending. Oh O course, they can sell assets at the bottom of the market to improve cashflow, but destroy NPV and therefore shareholder value.

And to a certain extent the sharemarket is to blame. We demand a dividend so lets not do a planned major shutdown to save money (for example).

The first company to effectively ignore the price of oil and focus purely on driving costs down in a long term sustainable way will survive and probably thrive. They need to be responsible for their business. They need to stop hiring consultants to come in and work out who needs to be made redundant, they need to stop paying contractors to do execute work where they are not supplying any special expertise, and they need to plan and organize their work so contractors cannot rape and pillage.

This is applicable across a lot of resource companies. They are now in the same position manufacturing was in the 80s, and it took 10 years to learn these lessons. How long for the resource industry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.64
Change
0.020(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $18.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.72 $10.72 $10.58 $26.48M 2.491M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18510 $10.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.64 23643 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.