ORG 0.30% $9.99 origin energy limited

I still cannot see how this equates to manipulation. Ultimately...

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I still cannot see how this equates to manipulation.

Ultimately a share is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Right now, people are not willing to pay more for it, just like two weeks ago, people were not willing to pay the premium for Oilsearch.

My take on Origin is retail will not supply any growth and is actually challenging (over-regulated, high churn rate and renewables all affecting it), no revenue growth for two more years at least due to POO, probability of reduced dividend, asset write downs and APLNG cost structure significantly more expensive than gas from PNG.

Current slash and burn process going on at Origin will help in the short term (to satisfy market), but may not leave a sustainable business behind.

I reckon the board have the CEO transition handbook out getting ready to sacrifice Grant King, get all the bad news out, take the hit and hope POO rises enough.
    Taking all the risks into account, I reckon the price is about right, but am holding for long (very long) term price increase in 3 to 5 years. If I needed any losses to offset gains, I would sell in a second.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.99
Change
-0.030(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $17.21B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.96 $10.07 $9.86 $38.81M 3.890M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 48559 $9.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.00 21495 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.