FML 15.2% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

alfieval 2000, think you have not only crossed the line on this...

1. 435 Posts.
    alfieval 2000, think you have not only crossed the line on this personal attack on the character of Don Taig, but have also based what you had to say on an article written by Christopher Webb in the Age newspaper on 28 February 2003.

If you bothered to read the article carefully you will note that the journalist concerned held shares in Chiquita, a company that had been making losses for a number of years (not reported in the article), and that no doubt the journalist (along with other shareholders) had every right to be peeved with the company.

Also omitted from the article was the fact that Don Taig was the third managing director appointed in a period of three years, with all three being appointed by the same board - I do note that the article saves its final dig at the Chairman of the Chiquita Board and there is no inference whatsoever about Don Taig's performance as Managing Director

What else was not reported, was that for a number of years Chiquita had been looking for a white knight to either buy in, or takeover the company but none had been found, until suddenly in early 2002 the Costa Group brought in.

The disastrous Don Taig somehow in his just over twelve months tenure at Chiquita manages to not only find a white knight for the company (something his predecessors could not) , but is also dumb enough to ensure that on departure he collects a $1,522,840 termination payout.

As for making assertions that Frank Costa would not give Don Taig a reference, think perhaps you should at what Frank got out of the deal, along with what did happen to the then Chairman of the Board of Chiquita who was the one that signed off on Don’s package?

Me, I am very happy to have Don as the head honcho of Focus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.025(15.2%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $34.69K 242.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 132799 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 4616 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.