are property bears an edangered species ?, page-68

1. 17,117 Posts.
    in relation to my usual and standard assumptions of an annual capital growth rate, on average of 10% pa........

some posters apparently dispute the 10% pa figure...

(note there can be years when there is no growth, and years of double the annual rate, in the end over 5-10 years the AVERAGE Rate is achieved)

I have used the standard 10% growth rate over many years, purely for budget and planning purposes.....for my personal situation

in my experience, the 10% rate is a good barometer, however I have exceeded that rate several times, when I chose to sell and take advantage of a situation

some viewers will be familiar with my story....but in a nutshell, I have been able to semi retire much earlier than I had planned, simply due to my success on a small scale, with property investments...

I take my investments very seriously, as they are funding my retirement, for the next 30-40 years. I have no intention of taking a govt pension....
    I intend to retain my chosen lifestyle, and not downgrade it.....
    there are thousands of reports and graphs available freely on the net, confirming house price growth in australia, covering the last 3 decades...no point in going back 50 or 100 years....or back to the days of the horse and cart, before sliced bread, or electicity was invented.

here is another graph.....note the disclaimer states it is published by Residex for the general public, however there is a copyright from the vic govt....so I suggest you read the link but do not copy it...

http://www.lookpropertygroup.com.au/currentprojects/Rue%20De%20Chapel/MarketFacts%20Snapshot%20for%20Prahran.pdf

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.