CVN 6.25% 17.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

Are shorts closing, page-39

1. 13,982 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1053
    Hilarious, no. But fortunately better than you portray. You sound as if you’d be satisfied with one “non-recovery” out of four, and as if you actually see statistical meaning in a sample of four.

Fortunately there’s been (last I heard) only one death so far outside of China, and minimal transmission occurring outside of China. But this is due to unprecedented quarantine and other precautionary measures. This will come at an enormous economic cost. Commodity prices, tourism, luxury food exports etc.

I don’t think you appreciate the significance of pandemics. This one is going to be very costly in terms of global economics to stamp out, and particularly for China. I doubt quarantine measures have peaked, or that they will be greatly relaxed until well into March at earliest, but the measures seem to be having some effect with daily new case numbers appearing to stabilise at around 2,000. Let’s hope they are indeed stabilising.

I don’t believe anyone believes this is the new black plaque, nor do I believe it has any effect on the long term intrinsic value of CVN. However it’s certainly a very serious event, with serious short term economic impact, and probably long term impact on global integration with and dependence on China. You can’t expect it not to effect share prices.

All my opinion of course, I could be wrong, this could yet go global.

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.010(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $304.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 17.0¢ 16.0¢ $444.3K 2.744M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1419150 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 332273 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.