There's a movement starting with the aim of banning the Olympic...

1. 2,867 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 311
    There's a movement starting with the aim of banning the Olympic games - and it's about time.
    The Olympic games is nothing but a scam for IOC officials who used to take massive bribes when granting competitor cites the right to hold the games. I remember one IOC official who said openly if everyone connected to the games is taking bribes then it's not bribery is it? Do they still take bribes?
    Reasons for banning the Olympic are as follows:
    1. Massive blowout costs to the host city which will spend the next 20-30 years paying off the costs of hosting the fiasco, only to the benefit of Olympic officials and their hangers-on and of course the usual contingent of developers and politicians.
    2. Massive inconvenience to the city's residents.
    3. Demolition of poorer homes to build Olympic infrastructure. They don't build Olympic venues in affluent suburbs do they? Forced relocation of the poorer sectors of the community.
    4. Ludicrous expansion of what are included as Olympic games. Olympic football, tennis etc. are simply a joke. Do we have Olympic knitting yet?
    5. Athletes now chasing the big dollars, any pretence of them being amateurs is pure hypocrisy.
    6. Olympic games no longer holds true to its original values, it's purely commercial to benefit the few.

I sincerely hope the movement to ban the Olympics is hugely successful. I'd love to see the day when there were NOLYMPICS.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.