ION 20.0% 0.8¢ iondrive limited

Haven't seen any news on Cambodia since mid 2012 when the...

1. 345 Posts.
    Haven't seen any news on Cambodia since mid 2012 when the earn-in agreement with Mekong Minerals Ltd was announced. Is Cambodia even worth anything to SAU? What's been happening there? Are Mekong doing anything - it's been 3.5 years...  Southern Gold were at one stage taking up Cambodia projects every announcement but they ran out of money to explore.

I've noticed the director of Mekong is Anthony McClure is also a director at Planet Gas ASX.PGS. Tee PGS chairman there is ex Bolnisi Gold which I have followed closely back in the day. I started looking around for news and found this recent article (December 03 2015)
    http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/18325/australian-mining-company-acquires-exploration-license/

There's some interesting info in that:

Mr. Saktheara said that the ministry has set a stricter timeframe in this agreement so that the company commences work on the project as soon as possible. “It is a new agreement with this company compared to the old one with Southern Gold. The new one is a more restrictive and requires the company to accelerate their exploration and be considerate in their exploration. If not, they will receive a fine from the ministry. We set a tight scope of work for them. If they do not follow this, they will face action from us,” he explained.
    “Under this license we allow them just two years for exploration and if they don’t meet our criteria, we will not extend a new one,” Mr. Saktheara added.

So they basically have 2 years from the singing of the agreement and are spending about $10 million. That hopefully goes a long way in Cambodia. The negative is that they don't really have a full 2 years to explore... The wet season slows things down considerably in terms of exploration and lasts from May to October. So effectively they have December 2015 - May 2016,  October 2016 - May 2017 and October 2017 - December 2017 to find something.

Why has SAU been so quiet on Cambodia? Have they buried some news into the back of an annual report I haven't been able to find or have they genuinely not said anything about Cambodia for 3.5 years?

Mekong were going to spend a bit of money (US$5.7) over 3 years back at the start of 2012. Have they done that in order to earn 70% of Southern Gold Asia?

As announced on 9 February 2012, Southern Gold has executed a non-binding Term Sheet with
    Mekong Minerals Limited (“Mekong”) to enter into Shareholder and Management Agreements
    whereby Mekong will have the exclusive right to earn an interest in Southern Gold subsidiary
    Southern Gold Asia (“SG Asia”) and to manage the activities of SG Asia and its wholly owned
    subsidiary SGC. Mekong will spend up to US$5.7m on exploration activities on the mineral projects
    in Cambodia to earn up to 70% of SG Asia. This sole funding earn-in period shall be over three
    years with Mekong providing finance and management services. Mekong will have a minimum
    commitment to spend of US$1 million within the first 12 months.
    from
    http://www.southerngold.com.au/asse...22-JOGMEC-Pro-rata-funding-012_1360799427.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ION (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
-0.002(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $5.668M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.8¢ $1.697K 212.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 530837 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 3495854 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.58pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ION (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.