SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

Are there really any investors any more, page-13

1. 2,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    yeah,

I went on disallowed the other day and naga is all over the place talking up SEA and snde. I think he is associated with some newsletter which writes about penny stocks and snde was one of their recommendations.

Obviously a vested interest in their stock picking capability - which is a bit of a fail on this one, at least now anyways. I doubt he actually holds any himself.

He doesnt seem to realise that the buzz around sea a few years back is unlikely to come back any time soon so even if oil doubles, snde and sea just isnt on anyones (of size) radar. Investors have generally come to realise that shalers have limitations from an investment POV and from longevity POV. That is even the best shaler company wont last forever due to limited and finite land to buy and the constant merry go round that is the game. Profits/revenue are just eaten up by development, acquisition and exploration costs.

The only way in my opinion is a sale given the land and flows which they are producing which are good and frankly perhaps Eric has just been playing a waiting game, if so I think his sole focus should be on finding a buyer immediately.

They have no financing options left - only a CR, which doubt anyone would participate in, so each day they drill and pay back vitol is just reducing the value of the company. Thats the reality.

We have also seen that if oil rises significantly then all the shalers go at full capacity which then oversupplies the market - thus what we need is massive undersupply so price is maintained when
    when the shalers are at full capacity. Then we have an issue that yeah you pay down debt, good, but then, you have to start a refinancing round again to develop and purchase new fields.

One hopes that if they get to that stage that debt management is alot more sound and that banks show some constraint unlike last time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.