PLS 3.02% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

Are they a Friend or Something else ?, page-95

1. 46,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8760
    The shorting for a low ball take over theory is widely touted on hot copper I am sure it has happened in the past but I am of the opinion its not a wide spread practice and it would be considered market manipulation and it is illegal and heavy penalties do apply.

The company could always make application to the take overs panel if unacceptable circumstances could be proven . All ASX companies have access to daily register movements but most only post changes to their top 20 once a year although I do believe AVZ updates their top 20 on the website every month. The company would ( should ) be aware if unusual or suspect trading is taking place with its stock

Shorting can also be used as a legitimate hedge against long positions, however I do agree with @Pokerface lending stock that doesn't belong to you does seem immoral.

This is an old judgement for Mt Gibson Mines but the flow chart of related entities and the chronology of events is a fascinating read given this mine is also in W.A. The take overs panel ruled in favour of MGX

Take over attempt Mt Gibson Mines here !
    Last edited by h00ts: 12/01/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
0.090(3.02%)
Mkt cap ! $9.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.05 $3.09 $3.02 $74.82M 24.46M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 750 $3.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.