CVN 2.63% 18.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

If CVN has 673M shares on issue at 35 cents, that's a market cap...

1. 4,510 Posts.
    If CVN has 673M shares on issue at 35 cents, that's a market cap of $235M. And they seem to be (roughly) adding about $10M net a quarter to their cash balance, give or take, with perhaps potential for this to go higher although falling oil prices will affect this as well. They have $31M in cash, which is about 5cps cash.

PPP has 588M shares on issue at 22.5 cents for market cap of $132M. And they seem to be roughly adding about $20-25M net a quarter in cash, although this will decline as Tui production goes down. They have about $70M in net cash which is a little over half their mkt cap. They will shortly start to generate a reasonable amount of interest per quarter as well.

I like what CVN are doing, and I think they are a progressive company, but in this very harsh market peer comparisons are going to be very important. CVN does have good mgmt going for it whereas PPP has no-one at the wheel at all.

However, CVN at 75 and 80 cents, that was ridiculous folks. I know someone with a whole lot who should have sold out at that level. The value was not there.

I think CVN is starting to become reasonable value in the low 30s, but on a fundamental basis was significantly overvalued for quite a while there. I think the massive decrease in recent days is almost wholly margin related where people are being forced out.

Interesting times. Hard market. The deleverage effect of the last 6 months is sucking wind out of the markets, for sure. And this leverage will not return as most of the major banks have severely scaled back their margin lending.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $330.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 19.5¢ 17.5¢ $2.186M 11.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 986142 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 1259013 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.