first I’m not sure that the Australian of the year always goes...

1. 17,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    first I’m not sure that the Australian of the year always goes to someone who makes us ALL proud. You can be sure not everyone liked Rose Batty because she cast a light of family violence. I don’t think the goal of a of the year was even to make us all proud but rather to recognise outstanding achievements. i think you’ve added the overlay that suggests there can’t be anything divisive. (Wasn’t there sone ex army man who managed to upset a lot of people as well)

I’m not sure that grace has added the left right view to her primary focus either. But I don’t see why she isn’t allowed a political view as well. Surely you don’t want to try to control what she can and can’t say or her views on things. Wouldn’t that he just a tad hypocritical of you?

i assume you are talking about Jessica rowe’s interview of Pauline Hanson. What the issue for grace was in that case was that Pauline is vitriolic and racist and happily expresses those views. I’d have thought that Grace can express how she feels about it, and about being given a platform. It’s up to Jessica how she reacts.
    Last edited by Parsifal: 06/07/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.