NTI 1.37% 7.2¢ neurotech international limited

I don't know who Neuron is but I very much doubt that NTI is...

1. 1,347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    I don't know who Neuron is but I very much doubt that NTI is better than Neuren (NEU). I believe a 24% dropout rate is not unusual for a new drug, and particularly one which has such a side effect as moderate to severe diarrhea in young patients, which some families are finding hard to manage. Some families are managing the condition by reducing the dosage rate in their children until their bowels return to normal and then gradually increasing the dosage up to the recommended level as their bodies become conditioned to tolerate the drug. It is all a learning exercise for this very new drug, and as more clinicians become aware of strategies to manage the side effect, then the dropout rate is likely to reduce, and more children will be able to stay on the drug. Apart from that, NEU is also conducting 4 Stage II trials of a better drug (NNZ2591) with no side effects to treat 4 more neurological development disorders and has recently announced results for its trial to treat Phelan-McDermid syndrome which had results that exceeded expectations. More results are expected to be announced over the next 3 quarters, beginning in the next quarter, and continuing throughout this year. Everyone is extremely positive about NNZ2591. Furthermore, NEU has over $250m cash in the bank with growing royalty revenue coming in from Acadia's sales of DAYBUE, plus more milestone payments expected over the next 2-5 years. What else does NTI have in the development pipeline that would match the potential of NNZ2591? I would also like to know more about how NTI164 treats ASD patients - does it go to the underlyng cause of ASD in the same way that Daybue and NNZ2591 targets the deficiency of the brain cell structure at the molecular level, or does it manage the symptoms of ASD in a superficial way? It's unfortunate that NTI's investor presentations have not gone into the same detail as NEU's presentations to explain exactly what NTI164 does and how it acts in the brain to correct the condition. Given that it's also being trialed for people with Spastic Cerebral Palsy it seems to me it's only treating some symptoms rather than underlying causes. That's not to say NTI164 doesn't have a place in the market, but I doubt that NTI is ever going to rival NEU.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
-0.001(1.37%)
Mkt cap ! $73.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $40.15K 546.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 7.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.5¢ 72226 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.31pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.