LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

"The stock price will go under a buck. No doubt. I'll buy more...

1. 120 Posts.
    "The stock price will go under a buck. No doubt. I'll buy more and thank nursery for the rants and moralizing that will give me the buying opportunity. But we will all get crushed for some time if we create that uncertainty on our way to start-up."

Chihawk I can't believe you made such a reactionary, unfounded and contradictory statememt. Especially coming from someone who opposes this deal and who makes such a positive contribution to this board.

Presuming this deal goes through, what do you expect Nick Curtis to do when his current contract runs out? He will be in an untenable position as executive chairman and owner of nearly 40% of Forge, as well as CEO of Lynas. In trying to push this deal I think he has made his intentions clear to jump ship from Lynas and focus his attentions on his new baby.

Assume that somehow we do manage to stop these shenanigans. Do you honestly have faith that NC will "continue" to act in the best interests of Lynas? Or do you agree with me that he can't be trusted to act in the interests of all shareholders?

Let's face reality. I don't think there is any chance that NC and the whole board will be replaced or resign en masse. Having said that I don't see NC hanging around for long whatever way this plays out. There is no reason why a competent CEO with as much or better experience than NC can't be found. I just don't see any realistic circumstances where a change of management or the board will cause anything worse than a short term suppression of price appreciation, and depending on how things play out, any change could have a positive effect on the share price.

The one thing that would cause the share price to drop below $1 is the unlikely event that the LAMP is blocked, an event which NC and the current board have made moderately more likely by taking their focus off the ball and wasting months trying to foist a fraud on shareholders...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
0.020(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.70 $6.82 $6.68 $12.37M 1.829M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 $6.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.78 7217 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.