are we doing enough?, page-10

1. 85,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Yes the cultural aspect can be a different problem and more difficult to change. I'm more referring to those where it's not a cultural thing but a learned thing from parents or a outlet for frustration caused by the perception of failure.''

before I lived in France - I would have thought that the cultural change was the more difficult -

but I've seen that large cultural change is possible. It takes a few decades, but all it needs is political will.

The old story about French being arrogant and unhelpful ------------ was true. But, is not true at all now.

Why? because the country worked at it. Why - well, probably because they thought there was a buck in it - no surprise that it's the most visited nation on earth and reaps an enormous amount from tourism.

And the nicer you are - the more tourists you get. The more helpful you are, the more tourists you get.

But, not only do you get more tourists ----- the biggest payoff is that you get a nicer society - a better place to live.

Old travellers to France - people who have been coming for decades - many of them have told me the same story ---------- it wasn't always this way.

We also see rapid change in many societies - if we look to say South Korea - and look at it in say 1960 to now ---------- chalk and cheese. Ok, that's 60 years - but SK has been humming along for a while now.

So, cultural change can be done - it just takes will.

And yes - when you speak of passing down of culture from parents to kids

IMO - that CAN be changed. It can be changed by government, leading and people learning

Parents - live within a culture. They teach, what the culture is -kids absorb like sponges.

If you change the culture - parents will change and hence, kids will change.

You cannot change the behaviour of parents without changing the culture -and that's by education ------------ even if it's ads on telly

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.