BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

I have been going through the same process. You need to do three...

1. 883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I have been going through the same process. You need to do three things after you receive your holding statement from US Computershare in the mail.

1. Set up an international trading account. Your broker can advise on this. (I think you can sell your holding directly through Computershare, but it sounds like you lose the ability to manage your own sell order, so I wouldn't recommend it.)

2. Fill in a W-8 form so you do not get hit with US withholding tax when you sell. Your broker should also be able to advise on this.

3. Transfer your shareholding from US Computershare to your Australian broker using the appropriate transfer form. Again, ask your broker for help if required.

You will end up with whatever number of BLT shares you owned divided by 300 and the new code for trading on the NASDAQ is BNTC.

Remember when you get a quote on BNTC that it will be in US currency, so you then need to first convert that to Australian currency and then divide by 300 to compare to the old BLT share price. As I write the BNTC share price has dropped a fair bit to US 8.23, but that nevertheless equates to over AUD 12.00, which means over 0.04 a share. The last trade of BLT was at 0.026, so those of us who held on despite the inconvenience have so far been well and truly rewarded. We might get ripped off a bit on the exchange rate when time comes to repatriate the US dollars from a sale, but it was still at this point in time a very good move to hang on.

Personally I am in no hurry to sell, as the price is jumping around a lot and I think any positive news will have a big impact on the price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.