CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

Don't get me wrong - I love this forum and the contents...

1. 375 Posts.
    Don't get me wrong - I love this forum and the contents therein.........but are we instilling blind faith in something the market won't support.....

The extension is almost certainly assured - it is almost certainly just the extent of it that is the issue....

Will the SP rise dramatically as a result ? Almost certainly not...instead I believe it will rise gradually in line with the expectations that the underlying business will perform....with a gradual re-rating if you like.

I think we are all in danger - and I put myself in this category - of believing "she'll be right" because we are ahead somehow of the curve...that we somehow have some pre-ordained right to make money from CNP....

Unfortunately the market has spoken and from a DT's perspective we won't see the massive rises we all hoped for (myself included)......momentum has been sapped from the SP by the nature of the ann - it doesn't leave much space....for surprise....

Instead I believe we will see a GRADUAL re-rating of the business once it has been de-risked and the gearing levels brought down....through positive action of the sales of assets/and/or sale of equity in wholesale funds....

I am as disappointed by the ann as the rest of the forum but as they say pride comes before a fall.

I have sold 2/3 of my holding today - just instinctively - and unfortunately I think it will take a long time to get to the $1 - $1.50 levels we all hope for...

Others undoubtedly will disagree with me...but unfortunately markets don't understand blind faith...

PT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.