are we oversensitive?, page-10

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Yes, we have become too sensitive!!!!!!!

However, Slippin is right. The tweet was not funny and bordering on just stupid. I would like to know what her job was or who it was with because that would have a bearing on the context of the tweet.

The great irony is that we pride ourselves on free speech. There is no such thing as free speech in our society and social media has given the whingers and haters a platform. There are groups of people out there who analyse every little word and manipulate words to find something offensive. They fail to give people the benefit of the doubt and generally thrive on hanging people.

Kevin Sheedy is a perfect example. He is the last bloke in Australia you would accuse of being a racist, but people manipulated his words or failed to give him the benefit of doubt.

I listen to the radio quite often and I can't believe how many people call radio stations to dob others in for various things they do on the road. Honestly, get a life!!! But, it just shows that the "dobbers" now have a platform and they thrive on bringing people down a peg or two.

Australians pride themselves on the "tall poppy syndrome". What a joke! We pride ourselves on "I am jealous of you and want to see you fail or have your life destroyed".

Yes, we have become oversensitive but only because we have given the haters a platform. Free speech is dead! You are allowed to have an opinion as long as it conforms with everyone else.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.