I agree with the two points you have raised ronsterm.I'm moreso...

1. 7,590 Posts.
    I agree with the two points you have raised ronsterm.

I'm moreso concerned with the context of the tweet and the ignorance displayed by the PR idiot.

First of all, she claims that only black South Africans have AIDS. This is an uninformed and stupid comment.

Second, there have been Presidents of South Africa in the past who have dismissed AIDS as a problem and shunned those who have died from the disease.

Finally, there is a large stigma attached to those suffering HIV.

The woman that made these comments is a fool.

There are people in South Africa who are white, highly educated and are suffering from HIV. It has been a battle in places like South Africa for people suffering from this terrible disease to participate in public life.

This stupid ladys comments do not help sufferers one bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Cameron

Edwin Cameron (born 15 February 1953 in Pretoria) is a South African Rhodes scholar and current Constitutional Court justice.[1] Cameron served as a Supreme Court of Appeal judge from 2000 to 2008. He was the first senior South African official to state publicly that he was living with HIV/AIDS. Cameron was inspired to act by the stoning and stabbing to death of Gugu Dlamini after she had admitted on a Zulu language radio that she was HIV positive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.