QPN 27.3% 0.8¢ quest petroleum nl

Interesting to note today that NZO has got into the act in South...

1. 8,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    Interesting to note today that NZO has got into the act in South Sumatra:
    "New Zealand Oil & Gas will have a 36% stake in the Palmerah Baru PSC. Its partners are Bukit Energy Palmerah Baru Pte Ltd (54%, Operator), and PT SNP Indonesia (10%).
    New Zealand Oil & Gas chief executive Andrew Knight says South Sumatra is a prolific oil province."

He went on to say :
    “The Palmerah Baru block is surrounded by oil and gas fields, including a very large field to the south and a recent discovery to the south-southeast. Because of developments in the area, the infrastructure necessary to transport product is nearby."

From the map supplied with the announcement it seems that the Palmerah Baru block covering approximately 1000 km2 is about 40 km SE of Jambi and about 160km NW of Palembang. I think our QPN block is somewhat SW of Palembang. Perhaps someone can expand or verify that.

The consortium have a 3 year exploration period to do 2D and 3D seismic (Note ! 3D seismic!) and drill an exploratory well.

I would almost reluctantly bet that the consortium will have a drill bit in the ground before QPN at this rate!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.