BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

are we there yet

1. 2,190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    I messaged a week or so back that the market was just doing its work with the lift in the BLT share price. My point was that it is very rare for a stock to jump more than 100% on an announcement and that the market is very efficient at incorporating the investors’ thoughts and information that comes from a variety of sources.

I don’t know what the market will assess the worth of BLT post the next announcement, but it would appear that we are not there yet! As we move closer, prices will get nearer and nearer to those expectations, which could be much higher than where we are now.

The problem (as I see it) with Prana is that the “market” (Institutional holders and Big Pharma) are not quite convinced about their science or said anther way, that it (the science) hasn't been de-risked enough. It is therefore seen, by Nasdaq shorters etc as being vulnerable and vulnerable to such an extent that the “market” are not prepared to take the shorters on.

In BLT’s case they have a few things in their favour. The liquidity/market cap is not quite there and the register tighter, but most importantly the science is far more settled and therefore BLT are far less susceptible to the Prana type attacks.

On gaps, I know there is a preoccupation on HC about gaps needing to be filled. IMO the gaps we are seeing here are Breakaway gaps. Breakaway gaps are not filled. This is a good thing, it means there is a fundamental shift in the market's thinking.

In regard to a speeding ticket that may or may not come, in my opinion this will be a good thing. First it shines a light on BLT and second when there is ‘no news except for what has been released’ it will tell me the market is still hard at work getting the price right and re-affirming that we are not there yet!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.