One Christ and one church, but what are the people to do when...

1. 5,558 Posts.
    One Christ and one church, but what are the people to do when the church becomes corrupt? The history of the Catholic church is truly awful and there's no need for me to recount its history. It became so corrupt that nobody could possibly make the claim that the CC was the one church of Christ. What were people meant to do when the CC had failed them?

The CC is not it's people the Pope, Bishops or Priest, the CC is the Faith and teaching that was handed down from Christ
    Even if every catholic was corrupt but the teaching is still there then the church still exists
    There have been many writings starting with the apostles, saints and clerics, down the ages we are fully aware that the teaching never got corrupted, only now it seems the current shepherds want to change the teaching as the CC has been infiltrated in order to change it.
    PS I'm sure you know the part of the wheat and weeds

And religion itself shows us that when something becomes corrupt it gets replaced, not renovated. The religion of Abraham was replaced by the religion of Noah, the religion of Noah was replaced by the religion of Moses, Moses was replaced by Christ, all at about 1000 year intervals. I would suggest to you that with the CC having the history that it does, including recent history, that there is not the slightest chance that CC is the religion of Christ any longer. And I'm not having a go here, surely this is just looking at the evidence.

I can assure you this is not correct, never mind how many times you read it, a simple search down history will prove this that the teaching is the same as in the time of the apostles, "t"raditions yes by all means they have changed to conform with the ages but "T"radition have not

The Eucharist has nothing to do with taste or seeing the goodness of the Lord. We all see what we imagine we see. It's an ancient ritual that completely missed the point that the Last Supper was a spiritual reality that got mistakenly transcribed as a literal meal. A bit like the story of Noah. It started off as a flood of revelation and a covenant with G.d that was a place of safety, just like a great boat would be in a flood, until it ended up a bedside story for children.

No, it has always been seen as such, as being literally the body and blood of Christ, and by all means it is "spiritually" as its the working of the Holy Spirit at consecration.

The Eucharist is part of the CC culture and that's okay, it is not essential to being Christian, just as the sign of the cross, genuflecting, confession, burning incense, tapping the chest three times, etc, etc. These are cultural actions, not in any way essential, or demanded ,by Christ, nor are they Scriptural. They are human invented rituals, but that's okay, because that's what we do.

I can assure you the Eucharist its very much essential for salvation, as its part of Roman's 8, we are to transform ourselves spiritually for salvation, the Eucharist is also transforming our human body, so our soul and body become spiritual as with Jesus it was the Spirit that rose him from the dead, the same with us

the rest is symbolism and powerful in transforming ourselves, except for confession, when we do wrong we don't only hurt God but ourselves also, we also hurt the other person we sin against
    We not only need to reconcile with God, but also with the person we sinned against
    The early Christians used to confess to the whole church, but that caused more trouble, especially when you steal some one's goat or sleep with someone's wife, so to keep the peace it was decided to confess to the elder or priest where they have taken vows not to reveal the details, its between them and God alone as so not to cause any more harm.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.