One Christ and one church, but what are the people to do when...

1. 6,477 Posts.
    One Christ and one church, but what are the people to do when the church becomes corrupt? The history of the Catholic church is truly awful and there's no need for me to recount its history. It became so corrupt that nobody could possibly make the claim that the CC was the one church of Christ. What were people meant to do when the CC had failed them?

And religion itself shows us that when something becomes corrupt it gets replaced, not renovated. The religion of Abraham was replaced by the religion of Noah, the religion of Noah was replaced by the religion of Moses, Moses was replaced by Christ, all at about 1000 year intervals. I would suggest to you that with the CC having the history that it does, including recent history, that there is not the slightest chance that CC is the religion of Christ any longer. And I'm not having a go here, surely this is just looking at the evidence.

The Eucharist has nothing to do with taste or seeing the goodness of the Lord. We all see what we imagine we see. It's an ancient ritual that completely missed the point that the Last Supper was a spiritual reality that got mistakenly transcribed as a literal meal. A bit like the story of Noah. It started off as a flood of revelation and a covenant with G.d that was a place of safety, just like a great boat would be in a flood, until it ended up a bedside story for children.

The Eucharist is part of the CC culture and that's okay, it is not essential to being Christian, just as the sign of the cross, genuflecting, confession, burning incense, tapping the chest three times, etc, etc. These are cultural actions, not in any way essential, or demanded ,by Christ, nor are they Scriptural. They are human invented rituals, but that's okay, because that's what we do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.