AGN 8.13% 66.5¢ argenica therapeutics limited

I couldn't agree more, and thank you for your very informative...

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    I couldn't agree more, and thank you for your very informative post opening this thread.

By way of short introduction. I am working in the field of stroke and traumatic brain injury, as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, and Master of Neurological Rehabilitation. I intend to hold AGN for the long term, and accumulate as often as I can.

I work daily with people disabled by the devastating impacts caused by stroke etc, and I can tell you first hand, how important this drug COULD be. The secondary sequela that occurs following damage to brain tissue causes a large degree of this disability, and also stands in the way of effective rehabilitation. Neurological rehabilitation is somewhat in it's infancy, driven by a continuous stream of contemporary evidence to support neuroplasticity and the brains ability to heal (much of which was considered impossible just 10 years ago).

Below is an insert from a paper I wrote last year, take from it what you will. My point here is that the neurological space (stroke/brain injury etc) is one of the greatest burdens to worldwide healthcare, and there is a HUGE need for solutions that may help to address this.

Yes, it is a big could, but I'll take that for now and feel far more comfortable investing in something that will actually help mankind.
    ------------------

Brain disorders are currently estimated to cost Australian health care over $74 billion per annum. This makes up more than 20% of the total financial burden of Australian disease; almost double that of the 11% global incidence (Mindgardens Neuroscience Network, 2019). Considered an escalating public health issue, details of the aforementioned authoritative white paper report suggest ‘neurological disorders’ to have affected 10.6 million Australians in 2017, equating to 43% of the population. It is projected that this will soon surpass the financial burden of heart disease, cancer and respiratory disease combined. Such alarming statistics are supported in global research. A systematic analysis examining global burden of disease between 1990-2016, found ‘neurological disorders’ to be the leading cause for disability worldwide (GBD 2016 Neurology Collaborators, 2019).In review of the World Health Organisation’s (2017) Rehabilitation 2030: A call for Action, the need for increased emphasis on rehabilitation has been clearly established. Primary outcomes of this global summit detailed the need for systemic change, imploring those responsible for the governing of health systems to transition from acute medical intervention, toward the development of systems of subacute and rehabilitative care.

References:

Mindgardens Neuroscience Network. (2019). Review of the burden of disease for neurological, mental health and substance use disorders Australia. Retrieved from: https://www.neura.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MINDGARDENS-WHITE-PAPER-FINAL-14th-March-2019.pdf

GBD 2016 Neurology Collaborators. (2019). Global, regional, and national burden of neurological disorders, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet Neurol. (18)5, 459-480. Doi:10.1016/ S1474-4422(18)30499-X

World HealthOrganisation. (2017). Rehabilitation2030: A Call for Action.Retrieved from: http://www.who.int/disabilities/care/ConceptNote.pdf?ua=1.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.5¢
Change
0.050(8.13%)
Mkt cap ! $81.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
63.0¢ 67.0¢ 61.0¢ $243.6K 385.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 65.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
67.0¢ 26569 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
66.0¢
  Change
0.050 ( 8.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
61.0¢ 66.0¢ 61.0¢ 51444
Last updated 15.59pm 13/05/2024 ?
AGN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.