hi red,the population question is an issue close to my heart....

1. 436 Posts.
    hi red,

the population question is an issue close to my heart. One might ask how can a country the size of India (ie, about the same size as Western Australia) support a population of over 1 billion, while Western Australia scarcely cracks 1 million?

Part of the answer lies in the land itself - for example Australia has a much higher proportion of arid land than the USA, and so consequently might only be able to support one third to one quarter of the population of the USA in equivalent living conditions.

The other part of the answer, in my view, relates to popular politically correct misinformation together with past and current political shortsightedness. Had we never had the "White Australia Policy", Australia might now be the economic powerhouse of the Southern Hemisphere with a vibrant population of ~100 million. Even now, no Federal government has yet had the wisdom or the balls to put in place a viable population policy, and if it ever does, no doubt the "perfect world" academic elitists will do their utmost to box us into their delusion that the Australian continent can only support 10 million people.

If we don't do something constructive with what we've got - if we don't start realizing some of the potential of this magnificent continent - someone else with more motivation will eventually come in and have a go instead.

And where would the ASX be then?

And have a nice day.

Regards,

Ultrafart.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.