I agree central banks have had interest rates far too low thus...

1. 21,495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    I agree central banks have had interest rates far too low thus causing lots of government debt because politicians can't help themselves but spend and buy votes to retain power/voter. I also agree we should withdraw from the UN so we get our soverinty back.

A country still needs banks though, they maywell not need a central bank but normal banks are still needed, maybe crypto one day might put them out of business but for now we still have to use the system thats in place, the Brics, China, Russia etc appear to be working on a different system but they also still have to use what there is for prosperity of their people. Ok Russia obviously manages to side step but we don't have such capability or relationships required to do so.

The international banks just bridge money flows and get deals done in the main and this is needed, the only real way to stop them influencing our Governments so much is to ban wholesale lobbying by companies/organisations and only allow small donations from people, term limits on politicians would also play an important part in reducing corporate influence over pollies and thus our government policy.

The system is still what it is, countries need to use it, however they can have a different economic framework within the existing format which is what Milei will try and do to make Argentina prosperous for it's people again, he's just signed up some crypto legislation aswell so things are also moving in that direction a little.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.