LKE 1.72% 5.9¢ lake resources n.l.

Congratulations @Mozza01 on holding Lake with steely resolve. I...

1. 88 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Congratulations @Mozza01 on holding Lake with steely resolve. I truly hope Lake brings you and others great wealth.

My observation over the last year is that share price collapse can happen anywhere, anytime. Argentina may pose a risk, as does South Africa, New Zealand and Australia for that matter. For example, TNG (Australia/Northern Territory Vanadium/Titanium) recently plunged ~40% amid increased environmental requirements, A2 Milk (New Zealand) went from $18 to $5 (minus 70%) amid COVID-19 revenue impacts. There's risk everywhere. That's the game of the stock market.

Some resource companies are traditionally middle-right leaning – perhaps entrenched in the dogma of diesel trucks and blowing up anything that gets in their way. Lake Resources leans left – that's the reason many people have jumped on board. A left-leaning government may benefit Lake over the brine evaporation operators. Of course, I could be wrong, but why would any government want to sabotage a project with greater ESG credentials than many other projects, that will bring in revenue for a country that desperately needs money? I'm no expert in Argentinian politics and am not interested in debate about this. My point is, risk is everywhere.

Fossil fuels have been successful commodities since around 1880. However, they are now a market failure. They are a failure because of pollution: mercury (poisoning our oceans), carbon dioxide (global warming), sulphur (acid rain). We are in the midst of the next great energy transition, from fossil fuels to renewable, clean energy. The market failure of fossil fuels can't be remedied by using polluting sources of lithium. This would defeat the purpose of addressing the market failure of fossil fuels. Therefore, Lake Resources has greater tailwinds than most lithium companies (Vulcan being another). They address the market failure of fossil fuels and potentially of environmentally damaging sources of lithium.

So, yes, there's risk in Lake Resources and Argentina as its home. But there's great opportunity too. I'm hoping for the latter, for the benefit of the planet and all long term holders.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by GVHope: 21/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.001(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $97.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 6.1¢ 5.8¢ $181.4K 3.043M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 773915 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.1¢ 444830 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.0¢
  Change
0.001 ( 3.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.9¢ 6.1¢ 5.8¢ 1887308
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.