CYL 1.87% $1.91 catalyst metals limited

Agree rjb67 Argonaut have been way off with their target...

1. 1,474 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 457

Agree rjb67 Argonaut have been way off with their target predictions. One recent report had been exceeded by 10% on the day of its release! To have a 50% buffer on predictions and a full page of back covering assumptions is amateurish and lacks confidence in their own research.

However as a side note I have been thinking (yes I know this is dangerous) and as an opinion piece I might be totally wrong. As most of you know good share trading has a lot to do with fortuitous timing (for me ORD=VAN=CYL it’s been 20 Years’ LOL!). We know gold is heading towards circa. US$3k soon, that CYL has turned Henty and Plutonic into profit making going concerns, that CYL is following the mantra of ‘Under promising and Over delivering”, and that CYL is plus $400m market cap which will now attract the attention super fund managers. However, I can also speculate that further favourable trade winds may be blowing that CYL may benefit from: Once the darlings of the gold sector De Grey Mining (zero gold production) and in particular Bellevue Gold (100oz- 200oz production) are fast becoming the most hated. Both were recently circa $2B-$3B market cap companies. Both surprised the markets by going to instos (not retail) and debt markets for a fund raising (DEG $1.4B, BGL 150m), a lot of directors of these companies sold before the announcement. I will quote a non-expletive HC post from the BGL site: “great job from BGK ‘BOD’ wiped off $500 million off our market cap to raise $150 million “and this “more than just dilution, but also devaluation of existing market cap for a monetized value way lower than what has been destroyed.. instos allowed to get in on the cheap, there is little to no value creation for existing holders ..”

The obvious backroom players were Macquarie Bank and Ord Minnett.

So my speculation is this, if CYL can avoid the mistakes (or well-planned BOD tactics) of these companies i.e. surprised CR’s, debt increases, director inside selling etc then maybe, just maybe disgruntled shareholders can be attracted to CYL as being ‘the honest broker’ amongst the ‘thieves’ within the gold sector.

May these trade winds blow!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.91
Change
0.035(1.87%)
Mkt cap ! $427.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.87 $1.94 $1.80 $1.522M 817.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2800 $1.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.91 538 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.