SexysallyWhat do you mean they're being paid out for half their...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    Sexysally

What do you mean they're being paid out for half their service? Do you mean there is a capping so someone in my example below who is a 30 yrs employee looks as though they are not being paid for 10 yrs when compared to a 20 yrs employee. Apology if I misunderstood.

Have you a link to the story?

Redundancy clauses are commonly capped in private enterprise, unlike the Gov who has 'unlimited' taxpayers' funds.

I worked for a major and our redundancy was 3 weeks per year capped at 52 weeks. Due to enterprise bargaining this was raised to 60 weeks. However, the company always resisted redundancies and preferred to keep experienced staff. The one time it did it was voluntary and chose young inexperienced workers.

I was annoyed as I had 23 yrs experience and wanted to try a new career. Sometimes redundancies are not as they are portrayed. Some are close to retirement and would welcome a redundancy rather than a cheap watch as a hand shake.

As to the payout period, guess Aristacrat needs a better union if it wants more.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.