ARL 1.96% 50.0¢ ardea resources limited

Isn't the market cap the value which the market puts on a...

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    Isn't the market cap the value which the market puts on a company? Today the market has put a value of 56M on ARL. I listed the MCs of the other 2 peers. That was the basis for the statement. Three companies with fairly comparable deposits of the same products. Yes CLQ has their water business, but that has been almost a zero to this date, just a few million dollars in value, and that is revenue, profit is a fraction of that, so maybe it pays for the cleaning lady and bathroom supplies. CLQ may be a bit ahead of ARL, maybe by a year, but even that is uncertain. I don't know that much about AUZ, from what I know, the management sucks, they've diluted the SHs into oblivion, made a terrible deal for off take, and manages their money like crap, revealing they are extremely investor unfriendly. ARL seems to have a comparable deposit, though I think this board sometimes overstates it, by including low grade parts that may never be viable. But the high grade cobalt zone as they call it, seems to me comparable to what CLQ has. And ARL has other properties, the value which we will soon partially realize with a nice commission [spinoff].

If the graphic was designed to show that ARL stock price has held up better for an arbitrary period of time, then yes, that's exactly what it shows. But that has nothing to do with how the market values the company compared to its peers, which was how you interpreted it, or that was what I got out of it. It just shows that ARL was valued at 1/7 of CLQ at some point in the past is now valued at 1/4 of CLQ in the present.

I basically agree with squashes points. If the MCs were the same for all three, I would still probably feel ARL is the best investment. But Mr. Market has not agreed with that assessment, so I remain patient. Obviously when a deal gets done for the main deposit things will re-assess dramatically. Hopefully that happens sometime int 2020, though there is no guarantee. I tend to be 3-4 years ahead of the market with my analysis in general, that has been my strong history, so hopefully that will ultimately realize itself here as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $100.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 52.0¢ 50.0¢ $34.27K 67.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 78649 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.0¢ 38974 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.