ARL 0.99% 50.0¢ ardea resources limited

No need to correct you. :) They are a type of clearing house, in...

1. 2,768 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    No need to correct you.

They are a type of clearing house, in the truest sense of the word...

They haven't accumulated huge amounts of ARL by what another poster has been saying, but it has been steady buying since IPO. They are likely buying on behalf of Institutions like BlackRock etc. ( $6.3 trillion USD in assets) These funds/institutions do not want the wider market knowing what they are doing... so it is necessary that broker 239 (Interactive Brokers) exists for them to obfuscate their market activities. They probably use a few others also, 239 is just an Australian entity that was required for I.B. LLC to setup for the ASX. A path-way into the ASX for American investors/traders.

75% of IB's shareholder ownership is unknown.... private trusts / companies / individuals etc. who REALLY want their privacy kept secret. (Also separate to those who simply trade through IB and have no ownership).

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/16/bla...-surpasses-1-billion-in-personal-fortune.html

What I find interesting is the pool of talent IB have, in terms of automating market trades and experience. They also offer asset management and portfolios, so by proxy I would say also investment advisers to an extent.

http://ibkram.com/smartbeta?utm_source=interactivebrokers.com

Returns like this, require a certain clinical ruthlessness in the market.. like Cannacord Genuity and Merrill Lynch recently demonstrated against ARL after PFS release..
    Last edited by shades2: 17/04/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $99.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.0¢ 51.0¢ 48.5¢ $19.65K 40.10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8000 49.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 3742 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.