IBR iberian resources limited

armenia

1. 124 Posts.
    Hi Guys,

I don't hold any IBR, but I noticed the word "Armenia" in the main topics listing and being of Armenian origin, I decided to have a look..

If you were talking about 5-10 years ago, I would say stay AWAY from Armenia, but Armenia has made leaps and bounds in the last few years. I still have relatives living there and they're a testament to this, I currently own some property in Ashtarak as well and visited the country 2 years ago. (So I may be biased..).

Armenia used to have a significant crime/mafia problem, even the government at times were held hostage to the demands of mafia groups. They were very organised and powerful, with the population having to wield to the their demands and many government officials were involved/corrupt, including military officials.

However, this problem has been mostly eradicated in the last few years and this is due to strong support from Armenians living abroad. They've been providing alot of support to the Armenian industry and government.

I'm talking about the likes of Kirk Kerkorian (largest gm investor and 19th of the 400 richest americans - 2005 estimate), who have been investing heavily in their country of origin, not just by throwing money at the government and donations but by also creating viable businesses to employee Armenians.

Then we have many other Armenians who are well established business men in other countries who have also been re-investing alot of their money back into the country, you have to understand that Armenians are very nationalistic people and they see the survival and growth of their country of utmost importance. (The Armenian genocide really helped to build character in us). Microsoft also recently opened an office in Armenia through the efforts of Vahe Torosyan who is vice pres of microsoft for eastern europe - asia region.

Robert understands that foreign investment is key, and with alot of the mafia groups and corruption dealt with and foreign companies investing heavily in Armenia including Armenians living abroad, the country indeed has a bright future.

Issues with our neighbours also seem to be quiet lately, so it's a good sign.

I don't think you should be worried at all about IBR's participation in Armenia. There is alot of transparency now in Armenia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.