GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

arrh, bubble? i think not.

1. 83,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Morning,

For those who say gold is in a bubble? Well, all I can say is that they have never seen a bubble - nor a mining boom, nor a rush.

Evidence? - Monday morning 9am - Kambalda West. I walked outside in the industrial area - what did I hear?

Zip. Nothing. Not a sausage. The silence was deafening.

Coolgardie industrial area yesterday afternoon - very similar.

Kalgoorlie - steady pedestrian and vehicular traffic - all week.
    Nothing rushed. Steady service at counters - all places. Food, autoparts, service stations etc. etc.

Now - that is DEFINITELY NOT a gold rush or a bubble.
    In fact this is as far from a rush/bubble as you can get without being in depressed times.

And could it be fifo that is making the difference atm? - Nope. fifo or no fifo - mining and services still need supplies and services - and there just isn't a rush atm.

For those that haven't seen one - a rush/bubble is a frantic thing. You get people doing things at breakneck speed. You get people flying into service stations to fuel up. You have massive queues at the bar for a drink on friday and saturday nights - you have enormous trouble buying some things - mining things.
    You get people rushing away and buying stocks on the latest rumour.

this just isn't like that atm - everything is business as normal.

There is a background buzz though - conservative people are taking about it - 'gold is the next thing' - even conservative accountants are talking to their clients about it. - and the buzz is getting slowly louder.
    One of my mates connections accountant has been poo pooing his gold investments for years - and now, for the first time ever, has asked for information on a local goldminer - saying he wants to recommend it to his clients ---- first time ever??

This is the grass roots area - so we are probably a way from a manic phase yet ------ but,it might be starting a run soon - or maybe it has started already.

You will know when it happens - it will be a hell of a jostle to get a salad roll - and at the moment - they even have time to ask you if you want salt and people are waiting for their change -------------------- no rush here - guaranteed.

Have a great day all

Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.