GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

arrh, bubble? i think not., page-22

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi Biggles,

Am I reading this chart upside down or something?

http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/au3650nyb.html

It’s not that kind of mining show this is for the big mining equipment manufacturers such as Cat, Komatsu, and Euclid etc. However, I normally get to speak with a lot of the company reps that have had their feet on the ground on mine sites all over the world. It’s always interesting to hear what companies are buying bigger and better equipment, always a good indicator to see who is doing well and expanding. Another interesting point is I see the organisers have plenty of Chinese language interpreters on hand this year.

http://minexpo.com/

Talking of Chinese since I got back on the Gold Coast I see they are taking a great deal of interest in our farming land as well as our mine sites. I think they sometimes read my posts and have taken on board my broad bean and broccoli comments!

If I do decide to drop down to business class I will certainly consider Virgin for myself. BTW we already have six seats booked with them for the show so hope that helps your shares. We always like to use innovative companies when we can.

Don’t forget your next opportunity to gloat at the pre-FOMC gold price kicking I estimate it should start in the first couple of hours trading on NY Tuesday!

Also as long as I am posting here is the latest E-mail I have from Uncle Jim. My only comment is that this is a general warning about paper ownership. In regard to gold Like Jim I also prefer the physical metal in my control.

I know we have a government backed bank deposit guarantee fro $250K I just wonder when we see our first big bank failure here how soon Julia and the gang will take to make good on their promise. Those of you that find comfort in such a guarantee have my greatest respect for your immense power of delusion.

I think it’s important to recognise one’s own faults and I am a great one for self-improvement I have noticed that as I grow older I tend to suffer fools less and less; however, I have to offer you my heartfelt thanks for the assistance you give me with this personal problem as I believe at last I am improving.

I do enjoy the irony of the occasional double entendre!

Hey mate just had a thought why don’t you sow a couple of rows of Brassica Chinensis (Bok Choy) in the vegie patch and maybe you can unload the homestead for a nice profit to the future new owners of Australia!

Cheers sir, good luck to you and very best regards: Andy

E-Mail from Uncle Jim:

My Dear Extended Family,

Direct Registration System:

One of the weaknesses of the "gold writer" community is that they seem to be always in competition with one and another for some assumed popularity.

Early in 2000 I complained to Harry Schultz that the opinions of bullish gold commentators who knew gold was headed much higher yet constantly called tops was injurious to the market. That was the means then of gold writers competing to try and prove their advice was superior. Harry told me, "You cannot herd cats." That answered the question.

When I recommend the Direct Registration System to protect your assets, the most important ingredient to my conclusion is in the form of legal counsel's opinion on the most critical elements of the maneuver. Since I am not an attorney, I seek eminent counsel for me to take comfort in what is said.

Direct Registration of your investment shares is one step away from getting your certificate for companies that still issue certificates. If you wish to get your certificates you only need to inform the transfer agent who will issue them at no or a very small charge.

There are only 3 ways that securities are held.
    1. In street name.
    2. In direct registration.
    3. In certificate form.

Safety from being subject to a bankruptcy judge's control or delay is found in #2 and #3. #1 is the system you wish to move away from.

Number one is a receipt for having to deal with a bankruptcy judge as the implied ownership of street name shares is the broker or the clearinghouse, not the client, and must be administered by the judge.

Respectfully,
    Jim

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.