GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

arrh, bubble? i think not., page-3

1. 1,405 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 224
    PH says
    "...conservative people are taking about it - 'gold is the next thing' - even conservative accountants are talking to their clients about it. - and the buzz is getting slowly louder."

I read the mainstream press mostly, but look also at the fringe media (mostly on the net) and I just am not seeing this sentiment coming from anywhere but the fringe or extreme (and highly invested) pundits.
    Evidence the Motely Fool article in SMH yesterday making the point that investing in gold now is so extremely risky with very high chances of either making paltry returns (e.g. 15% if gold goes to $2000) and possibly huge losses if it goes back to $1000. Measure that against the chances of it going to $3500. It would be a black swan event. And still only a 100% rise. You could get triple that return on any of the low cost miners long before gold got to $3500 at much less risk.
    Leverage might increase your returns but would do the same to losses.
    As one real investment adviser recommends, you need to work out if your advice is coming from a salesperson or an investment adviser. Sadly, most of the gold bugs in the field are trying to sell you something.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.