ARI 0.00% 2.2¢ a.c.n. 004 410 833 limited

From the Arrium website...

1. 168 Posts.
    From the Arrium website
    http://www.arrium.com/about-us/latest-news
    Arrium responds to Federal Government expression of support

Arrium Limited Managing Director and CEO, Mr Andrew Roberts today welcomed Prime Minister, The Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP and Federal Member, Rowan Ramsey MP to the Whyalla Steelworks, to tour the site and discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the company’s Whyalla businesses.
    Mr Roberts said: “The Prime Minister’s recognition of the key role Arrium plays in employment and growth in the region is encouraging, and we welcome today’s announcement that the timeline for the Adelaide to Tarcoola rail project work will be brought forward. The Whyalla Steelworks is ideally placed to supply the rail and sleeper requirements of this project and the additional volume will help to support the Steelworks.
    “I discussed with the Prime Minister the uneconomic position of the Whyalla Steelworks at current steel prices, and that we need to change the way we do business to enable the Steelworks to be viable. This will require all our key stakeholders including employees, contractors, external partners and Government to pull together and deliver this change.
    “We are looking to do everything possible to enable both our Steelworks and Mining businesses to be viable and sustainable.
    “I am encouraged that the importance of having a viable Whyalla Steelworks is currently being discussed by the Prime Minister and Premier Weatherill, and we look forward to continuing to work with Government on opportunities that can deliver this outcome,” Mr Roberts said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.