ARI 0.00% 2.2¢ a.c.n. 004 410 833 limited

Arrium Mining Welcomes New Operations General Manager

1. 168 Posts.
    Couldn't see an ASX announcement for this but it's on the Arrium website

http://www.arrium.com/about-us/latest-news/fy16/new-mining-operations-gm-18-dec-2015?command=

Arrium Mining Welcomes New Operations General Manager
    Arrium Mining has welcomed its new General Manager Mining Operations, Greg McMillan, who will play a key role in ensuring the ongoing viability of the business.
    Mr McMillan brings a wealth of heavy industry and mining experience to the organisation, having headed up operations throughout Australia and globally.
    He steps into the role vacated by Matt Reed, who was appointed Chief Executive of Arrium Mining earlier this year.
    Most recently, Mr McMillan has been working with Newcrest Mining at their Lihir operations and, prior to that, was employed as Chief Operating Officer for Nyrstar based in Zurich. He has fulfilled general management roles at Century Zinc, Nyrstar’s Hobart Smelter, Brambles Marine and Boral.
    He said he would draw on his industry experience to ensure the business is well positioned to deal with the difficult external conditions.
    “I believe my role as a leader is to engage people and encourage them to come up with ideas on how they can better operate their area of the business,” he said.
    “It’s about the various departments working collectively towards a common goal, which will go a long way to tackling the challenges ahead.”
    Mr McMillan is also experienced in stakeholder relations, helping develop strategies focused on building a business’ social licence through strong community engagement.
    “Our business is a significant part of the community, so we need to ensure we are looking after the neighbourhood which has granted us our social licence to operate,” he said.
    “We also need to ensure we are looking after our own people. Despite having an impressive safety record overall, people can become distracted during these times of uncertainty, so we all need to look out for one another and ensure we go home safely each and every day.”
    Mr Reed welcomed Mr McMillan to the business, believing his experience would prove invaluable in the current environment.
    “Greg has a proven track-record in difficult market conditions such as those we are currently facing, so I look forward to his valuable contributions as we seek to build a long-term, competitive business,” he said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.