Art - John Olsen, page-12

1. 17,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    @leonarda da cara - most good painters can do all types of art - I am glad you have a painting by someone, who is prolific and who might become part of a collection, eventually auctioned etc.
    I did view art a bit in that manner, but I simply loved it for its own sake - I love all art - modern art often necessitates an exploration of the artist's mind, too. Once you have a representation of, perhaps another human, or a scene, or just splashes of colour in your home and you see it every day, you begin to think about it, it almost becomes a living thing. If it's realistic, you form a relationship with the person(s) or the scenes depicted, if it's more abstract then you see different things in it. Often they get ignored and then it's time to change the painting, or perhaps just its location.
    They become living things . . . a least that's my experience.
    Right now, with my walls full of mostly @NoBoDe's paintings I have already begun to switch them around - his are often depressing, but also fascinating - tend to be in hues of green-blue-black, but also some in very bright colours from his teenage years.
    I need to have them professionally photographed - his very best painting is difficult to capture with an ordinary camera - but will try and put on here for
    @vulcarum
    It is a painting I put in my book and he calls it 'Night chasing Day' - it is one of his larger paintings and it has bits of thick encrusted paint on it, which give the painting the feeling of being sculpted and which were difficult to photograph - the subtle colouring is achieved by a lot of layering of oils: It is 60cm X 90cm

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5195/5195184-14ef8cb77d203853e4a7b343b5dba656.jpg

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.