Arthur-Inherent danger in (many) replies to stock, page-7

1. 1,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Arthur,

I didn't mean my post to be a final word on the reason stock threads are at present languishing (or sometimes not even becoming threads) on HC.

Yogi,Rem. and others have pointed to the nature of this bear market as a reason and no doubt,that is true.

Nor was I pointing to you in relationship to Solbec, in fact, because of my style of trading that was at the time "background noise" to me as I rarely "invest" in a speculative stock.(or if I do I rarely stay invested too long.)

It was just in response to your disappointment at the low response to your initiatives that I mentioned that aspect.

All of us have done the rounds of the various share market letters/web pages and some of us have eventually arrived at doing things our own way simply because that seems to work best. (In the present climate that may mean not losing any money. I don't mind jumping out of a stock after being in ten minutes if I realise I've misread the market.)

What you say about pooling knowledge is good in principle and can be very helpful to the better traders and investors but we really are only back at the "share letter" thing and I think most of us realise that.

(That's why in a sense we only need one Grant62. His analyses are generally so exhaustive there's nothing worthwhile to add.)

I've noticed a group of traders,Couchie, Rem. and a few others who help each other in a more specific way as they trade derivatives. I suppose what I'm driving at is that we don't all have the same needs.

My interest is generally in the junior resource stocks so the contributors I consult would be of the Acturtle school. For others it will be different.

Perhaps if there were some "alliances" of sectorial contributors there may be more interest from more members in being involved.

These probably would best come about by asking questions. Which of course means the questioners need enough background to ask the questions that will most assist trading and investing decisions.

I don't disparage your efforts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.