RHC 0.05% $42.67 ramsay health care limited

Article: Defensive buying opportunites from falling dollar, page-50

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 467
    TeTeTe

If you're genuinely doing well out of your trading, I congratulate you. Some people do indeed make good money out of trading. Yes, some. Just as some people can make their way up the proverbial creek, perhaps even without a paddle. But to be sure, that does not alter the fact that it is far easier to go down the creek, in a canoe, with a paddle.

Where do you think wealth comes from?

I am bemused, in fact mystified, how any intelligent person with just a moderate understanding of our capitalist system and where wealth comes from, can find fault in the notion of plugging yourself into a wealth generating machine (such as a quality business) and simply acquiring yourself a portion of that wealth, and allowing the magic of compounding to do its work.

Of course, you have to know what you are buying, and buy it at a reasonable price. For instance, if you are buying an income steam (dividends), then you need to acquire a business that can sustainably deliver those dividends and is robust enough to survive whatever the future may throw at it. Why you think this has anything to do with "chapter 11" or "praying and hoping", I'm not sure.

But of course, this requires a focus on the underlying business.

If you are focused on price, then naturally you don't know the worth of what you hold, everything you hold is like a hot potato, to be gotten rid of ASAP. Is that living in fear? Sounds like fun.

Naturally, that mindset means the world is always at the verge of collapsing.

It's one of the Wonders of the World.

Cheers

Mars
    Last edited by MarsC: 23/09/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.